- This event has passed.
December 2 @ 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm
This year we are doing Christingle on Zoom. If you would like to attend this service, please register via this form.
Once you have signed up to the service, you will be sent a confirmation email that contains extra information, including the Zoom login details for this service.
Please take time to read the essential information below.
Before the service
You will need to buy the following to assemble your Christingles: tin foil, cocktail sticks, a candle, sweets or fruits, red ribbon or sticky tape, and an orange.
Please watch this video about how to make your Christingles:
Joining the service
Find a lamp, candles or tealights and put them in your living room or kitchen to create an atmosphere. Gather ready with your Christingles.
Join us for the service on your device by clicking on the Zoom link.
1. Wash your hands before handling the fruit and sweets, and keep to all Government guidelines.
2. Make sure hair is tied back (and keep hand sanitizer away from lit candles)
3. Supervise children near cocktails sticks and lit candles.
4. Keep any loose fabrics (eg scarves) away from your lit flame.
5. Don’t jig your Christingle.
6. Never leave a lit Christingle unattended.
Making a donation to the Children’s society
If you would like to make a donation to support the Children’s society please donate here: don’t forget to Gift Aid it so they can claim the extra from the government!
To learn more about the amazing work of the Children’s Society: https://www.childrenssociety.org.uk/what-we-do/our-work