Matthew 25:35 ‘For I was hungry and you gave me food to eat’
Our World Church committee supports our parish charities by organising fundraising and donations of practical gifts such as food, clothes and toiletries. We recommend to the PCC which new charities to support and we discuss how we can strengthen our relationship with our parish charities.
We currently support Forest Winter Night Shelter, Maternal Mental Health Alliance, Redbridge Foodbank, Motorbikes for Marsabit (Chelmsford Diocese appeal), Christian Aid, Hestia, The Children’s Society and Mill Grove.
We would love to recruit a new member to this committee, and are looking for:
– Someone who cares about social action and charitable work.
– Who would like to help Wanstead Parish strengthen its relationship with our chosen local, national and international charities.
– Can share ideas and listen to other committee members.
– Can attend 4 meetings a year (week day evenings, about 1h 30 mins each).
– Has a willingness to offer practical help such as delivering harvest donations.
– Will pray for the work of the charities our parish supports.