Please see this letter from our Rector about the re-opening of our churches for private prayer.
I am writing to let you know the good news that our churches will be opening for ‘supervised private prayer’ from Saturday 20th June at St. Mary’s and from Sunday 21st June at Christ Church until further notice.
Sunday 9am – 1pm
Wednesday 2pm – 6pm
Saturday 10am – 1pm
Tuesday 5pm to 8 pm
Although we are not allowed to open for public worship yet, this is still a significant step forward and will help us to plan effectively for the time when we are allowed to worship corporately.
For anyone wishing to pray, we need to follow these guidelines:
- enter and exit by different doors (unless any special provision needs to be made),
- sit in a designated area of the church,
- bring own prayer resources,
- supervise young children at all times,
- use hand sanitizer at the door,
- wear face masks, if you so wish,
- maintain appropriate social distancing throughout your time in our churches
- provide some basic contact details in the event that you may need to be contacted under the Government’s Track and Trace Scheme.
- Each seat will be cleaned after use.
- Disposable gloves must be used to light candles (please bring these if you wish to light a candle).
- The toilet and vestries in both churches will be closed to the public.
- Volunteers will be on hand to provide appropriate care and support.
If you would like to help volunteer to keep our two churches open, please contact Father Jack.
- Eucharist on Sundays at 10 am on Facebook Live.
- Daily Prayer at Noon on Facebook Live from Monday to Friday inclusive.
- Compline on Wednesday evenings at 8 pm by Zoom.
- The Bridge and SignPost youth groups by Zoom on Friday evenings in term time
- Spiritual resources through the weekly Parish Email.